This guide will instruct you on how to set your Kestrel DVR/NVR up to record using line crossing analytics as a recording trigger which can be useful in saving recording space.
What you will need:
- Cameras connected to your DVR/NVR
Step 1: Enabling Line Crossing
First you will need to instruct your DVR to pick up line crossing on your cameras and what to do:
- Once the DVR is on, right click on the mouse and select the option for Main Menu.
- On the Main Menu select the Line Crossing option.
- You will see at the top of the Menu the channel numbers, select the channel that you wish to enable for Line Crossing.
- Select the Enable box for this channel.
- On the camera image, click at the start of where you wish your line to begin, and then click on where you wish the line to end.
- Set the direction for which you wish the line crossing to apply.
- There is an option further down for Trigger Process, this will decide what you want the recorder to do once motion has been seen. You will have the below options to select from:
- Show an on-screen message
- Sound the internal buzzer
- Send an email*
- Record video from a specified channel
- Send a PTZ camera to a preset
- Instruct the video wall to go on a tour
- Send a snapshot via email*
(* Please refer to the email and notification guide on how to enable email)
Step 2: Enabling Line Crossing Recording
Now the DVR has been instructed on what to do when motion is seen you now need to set when you wish it to record using motion detection.
- On the motion detect page, select the option for Schedule.
- The period is when you would like this type of recording to happen, for example if you wanted the unit to Line Crossing all the time you would set the period as 00:00 -24:00.
- You can mix the recording period for situations such as a shop, recording online Crossing only out of hours and continuously during opening hours, i.e. if the opening hours were 9 to 5 you would have Period 1 as 00:00 - 9:00 and Period 2 as 17:00 - 24:00
- Once complete you can press Copy, change the day at the top of the window, and paste the same schedule for a different day.