How to review and save footage that has been stored on your Viper DVR/NVR.
What you will need:
- Viper DVR/NVR
- USB Storage Device
Step 1: Playback
- Click on the Menu button in the bottom left of the screen then select Search and Save.
- From the Main Menu, select the playback option.
- This will then take you to the playback screen.
- In the top left it will ask you to select the date and times you wish to search between, set the to and from dates.
- Below this you can select which cameras you wish to playback.
- Press the search button once you have chosen your parameters.
- You will then see your recorded footage start to play and you will see a timeline along the bottom of the screen.
- Normal recorded footage will show in green and motion recordings will show in yellow. (Please refer to the Viper Motion Detection article on how to set this up)
- Click anywhere on the timeline to view that point.
Step 2: Backup
- Once you are on the playback screen and have searched for the correct footage (See Step 1: Playback) select the By Event option at the top of the page.
- Select the events you wish to save.
- Connect your USB storage device and select the option for Backup.
- Once your device shows, select it and press Backup.
- This will take you to the backup page.
- Press Start to begin.
- Once this is saved you can connect your USB to a PC and play from here. For AVI files you can use media players such as VLC Media player.