This guide gives instruction on how to set your Viper DVR up to notify you when there are motion/alarm events detected. These can be sent to both your phone as a push notification or as an email letting you know when an event has occurred.
What you will need:
- DVR/NVR (Connected to the Internet)
- A Smartphone with the SuperLive Plus app installed. (If using push notifications)
- A valid Email address.
Step 1: Setting Up The Motion Detect
- Once the DVR/NVR is on, click on the menu button in the bottom left then select the option for Settings.
- From the Settings menu select the Alarm option, then select the option for Motion Alarm on the left-hand side.
- You will see a list of cameras on the system on the page.
- If you want the channel to record on motion detection, ensure the box in the Record column is ticked for all the applicable channels.
- If you want to receive a push notification on your phone when motion is detected, make sure this is set to ON for all the applicable channels.
- If you want to receive an Email when motion is detected then tick the box in the email column is ticked for the relevant channel. (Depending on your screen resolution you made need to scroll along the page to see this, the scroll bar is along the bottom of the screen)
- If you want to receive an image snapshot when motion is detected, make sure the box in the Snap column is enabled for the applicable channels.
- Press Apply when complete.
Step 2: Email Notifications Setup
- Click the Menu button in the bottom left, select Network then select the option for Email on the left-hand side of the screen.
- You will have the option to select email, here you will be prompted to enter details about your email address (These are listed below) after entering the required information, click test to confirm, if the information provided is correct the test will succeed, click Apply and OK to complete the process.
- User - The name the email will be from.
- Email Address - The Email address where the email will be sent.
SMTP Server - This will depend on your mail provider i.e. smtp.gmail.com
Port - This will depend on your mail provider and encryption type, check with provider.
- SSL Enable - This will depend on your email provider and will normally be enabled.
- Attach Image - Enable this if you wish to use the Email Snapshot feature.
- Attaching Image - You will need this on if you wish to receive image snapshots.
User Name - The email address you will be using to send emails alerts.
Password - The password for this email account.
Please be aware that your email provider may have security settings in place that will prevent your emails from sending, you should check with the email provider if the fails and you have confirmed all the above information is correct.
Step 2: Push Notification Setup
- Open SuperLive Plus app on your smartphone.
- Add your DVR/NVR if not already added, if you are unsure how to do this please refer to the app setup guide for the SuperLive Plus app.
- Once you have successfully added your device press the icon in the top right corner.
- You will have the option for Push Setting.
- Select your device then enable the Device Notification Function, you can customise what notifications you receive from the menu below. Press back when finished.