This guide will explain how to set your DVR up to notify you when there are motion events on the camera. These can be sent to both your phone as a push notification or as an email, letting you know when a motion event has occurred.
What you will need:
- A phone with the Explorer CCTV app installed. (If using push notifications)
- A valid email address
Step 1: Setting Up Motion Detect
- Once the DVR is on, right click on the mouse and select the option for Main Menu.
- On the Main Menu select the Event option, the first page you should see is for Motion Detection but if you find yourself on a different page the option for Motion Detection is down the left-hand side.
- You will see at the top of the Menu the channel numbers, select the channel that you wish to enable for motion detection. (Please do not select all as this will cause issues later in the setup)
- Select the Enable box for this channel, this will allow you to see the other settings available.
- Enable either Send Email (If you are wanting Email Notifications) or Mobile Reported (If you are wanting push notifications)
- Go back to the top and repeat the process for any other channel you wish to record motion on, once complete for all your chosen channels, press Apply the OK to return to the Main Menu and move to step 2.
Step 2: Email Notifications Setup
- From the DVR Main Menu select IP and then select the option for Netservice down the left-hand side of the screen.
- You will have the option to select email and you will be prompted to enter detail about your email address (These are listed below) once you are finished, hit test to confirm, this should show as successful and hit Apply and OK to complete the process.
SMTP Server - This will depend on your mail provider i.e. smtp.gmail.com
- Port - This will depend on your mail provider and encryption type, check with provider.
User Name - The email address you will be using to send emails alerts.
Password - The password for this email account.
Receiver - The email address that will be receiving the email, this can be set to be the same as the sender.
Title - The title of the email that will be received.
SSL Enable - This will depend on your email provider and will normally be enabled.
Please be aware that your email provider may have security settings in place that will prevent your emails from sending and you should check with them if it fails and you have confirmed all the above information is correct.
Step 2: Push Notification Setup
- Load up your Explorer CCTV app on your phone.
- You will then come to the login screen where you will need to sign in with a cloud account, if you do not have one you can select the Register option and sign up for a new account.
- Once you know your account details you can sign in on this page.
- You will then need to add your device to the cloud account, if you are unsure how to do this please refer to the app setup guide for the Explorer CCTV app.
- Once you have successfully added your device press the icon in the top right corner.
- Unlike the local login option, you will now have the option for Alarm Push.
- Select Alarm Push and press the switch on your DVR in the list, it should now turn blue which means it is now enabled for notifications.