Before installing anything we strongly recommend that you connect your cameras to your DVR and test your system first.
We check everything to make sure it is working when it leaves us but occasionally things fail and it is better to know now than after you have fitted everything!
- Connecting your cameras.Your Cameras have 2 plugs attached, one is a BNC connector (for the video) the other is for power. Connect these plugs into the sockets on the end of one of the cables included in the kit.
- Connecting your DVR.At the other end of the cable are two plugs, these connect your camera to the DVR and also the power supply. 2.DVR PowerYou can connect your system to a HD TV using a HDMI cable, you can also connect them together using an RCA lead, or to a monitor using a VGA lead.You will also need to connect your DVR to a TV or monitor. You can connect your system to a HD TV using a HDMI cable, you can also use the RCA (Video Out) socket or the VGA socket on the back of the DVR.
- Switching on once you have connected all the cables successfully. Then connect the DVR & Camera power leads to a power outlet. Switch on your TV and select the HDMI socket you have connected to.
Quick Setup Guide
Viewing Live Footage
To view the live footage from the cameras connected to the NVR and customise the multi-tiled live view interface please follow the steps below:
- When the NVR has fully booted/powered up (complete startup wizard if using the NVR for the first time), login with these details:
User Name: admin
No password is required at this point. To create one go to ‘Main Menu’ -> ‘System’ -> ‘Accounts’
- To customise the live view interface right click mouse button anywhere on the interface, the options list appears. Select any of the preferred views. Choose which camera channel you want to view in the view tiles.
- When the live view interface is customised, you will see the selected live camera feeds. Double click on one of the panels to view it in full screen mode. Double-click again to return to multi-tile mode.
Playing Back Recorded Footage
To play back the footage from your cameras that has been recorded to the NVR’s HDD, please follow these steps below:
- When on the multi-tiled live view screen, right click mouse button, the options list appears. Select the option ‘Playback’ (highlighted by the red box). You can also access Playback interface via the ‘Main Menu’ option and clicking on the item:
- The Playback interface will appear. To view footage from a specific date and time please follow the numbered steps below:
Remote Connection Setup: Control Your NVR Over a Network
Please make sure that your NVR device is set up as shown on the reverse side of this page before continuing.
IMPORTANT: Please connect NVR to router/modem to access the Internet.
Connect the Ethernet cable into the ‘Net’ port on the rear of the device, then connect the other end into one of the spare ports on your modem-router.
Remote connection to view your NVR via a mobile smart device.
- Download ‘Explorer’ app to your smartphone
Scan QR codes here to download the app from either iTunes or Google Play stores depending on your phone’s operating system.
- Launch app
Select ‘Local Login’ to add device. To add device select the ‘+’ symbol. Select ‘SerialNum’ tab to view P2P setup. See image to the right. Give your device an identifying name.
- Open ‘Guide’ setup on NVR
Right-click mouse button on live view screen. Select ‘Guide’ option from the list (highlighted by the red box in the image to the right) Follow guide until it displays the unique SN (serial number) for the NVR.
- Use smart device to scan SN QR code
After successful scan the details of the device will be filled in, select ‘OK’. A device list will appear and show the added device. Select device and wait for login to finish. Select Camera you wish to view. Setup is now complete.
Remote connection to view & control your NVR
via PSS on a PC workstation
- Port forward Modem-Router
Access your network router via its IP address using a PC or Laptop.
Select ‘Port Forwarding’
Open/Forward ports: 34667 and 80 for the Local IP address of your NVR. Please refer to your router’s manual for details on how to ‘Port Forward’.
- install PSS software for Windows
Download PSS Software For Windows v4.06 from:
Install PSS Software For Windows v4.06 on your PC or Laptop,
- Add device to PSS software
To add device select ‘Setting Manage’ and ‘Device manage’ (shown below). Fill in details in the ‘Update device’ setup.
Title = Identifying name of device.
Type = NVR
IP = External IP of your network or DDNS (You can find this by searching whats my IP on the Internet)
Port = 34667
User = Admin
Password = password of Device
Click save to complete setup.
- Open device and view device’s cameras
Open device list in top right corner of the client software.
Right-click on the device’s name (highlighted by the red box to the right) and login.
Once device is logged in drag and drop each camera into the empty GUI